Tuesday, May 1, 2007

May Day Protest 2007 - Los Angeles


I'm guessing they're from Santa Monica, Brentwood, or Pacific Palisades. But that's just me.




I went downtown today to check out the May Day protest . I tried to get there before noon but because it took me forever to find parking at the Red Line subway station I didn't get there till after 1 pm.

I didn't see any of the marches, rather just a lot of people walking around with Mexican and American flags (fashioned into hats, capes, shirts, etc.). I walked up and down Broadway and snapped a series of photos and some short videos.

I didn't see any counter-protesters (e.g., Minutemen) on my walk.

Here's a short video I took of demonstrators marching down Broadway




Go here to see a slideshow with all the pictures taken

Here's a sampling of the photos I took today in downtown Los Angeles. Click on the pictures for a higher resolution image.


Pile of signs after the march was finished


Bob Avakian Revolutionary paraphernalia


Marchers waiting for traffic light

Apparently there's some violent confrontations going on at Macarthur Park during the second march in the late afternoon. Should have stuck around!

1 comment:

Marc said...

"MacArthur Park"......

My Dad used to take me to a great art store within view of the park. Otis school of design was nearby. One could actually walk around there without being murdered. There was a great steakhouse (Woody's) nearby. Football teams would go there.

That was about 1975.

H.G. Daniels (art store) got tired of losing customers and being robbed by MEXICANS, EL SALVADORANS, Etc...that had taken over the neighborhood. Otis school is long gone, Woody's steakhouse boarded up and sold.

The immigration into the area has ruined forever a once nice part of the inner-city, and there is no mistaking why: immigration, illegal or otherwise. The place is now a drug and crime infested shit-hole beyond any redemption. Instead of schools, restaurants, and other legitimate businesses, mayors Bradley,Riordan,Hahn and now Villaragosa have traded order and civility for political correctness.

The third worlders have arrived by the truck-load with their hands out, their mouths open and their brains empty.

There is no hope unless every single Mexican or otherwise is seized and deported. This is the only way out of this disaster.